Varicose & Spider Vein Treatment
More than just a cosmetic issue, varicose veins may be an indicator of the more serious condition of compromised circulation. Varicose veins occur when venal valves deteriorate or malfunction, resulting in an unnatural accumulation of blood that causes the veins’ enlarged size, swollen and/or twisted appearance, and blue/purple/red color. Further, varicose veins may also manifest along with a heavy feeling in the legs and/or a burning, cramping, or throbbing sensation.
While varicose veins may be hereditary, there are other causes, such as:
- Age/onset of menopause
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Standing for long periods of time
At Total Health, our expert team is highly trained in various advanced technologies for addressing varicose veins. We will consider all aspects of your daily activity, experiences with pain/discomfort, and physical condition to determine which of the following treatments is the most effective for you:
- Sclerotherapy, a minimally invasive treatment with a salt solution that is injected into a varicose vein to ultimately reduce swelling.
- ClosureFast™, a noninvasive procedure that treats varicose veins via radiofrequency energy.
- VenaSeal™, a minimally invasive treatment in which a tiny catheter is inserted into a varicose vein to reroute the accumulation of blood to other, more viable veins.
- Varithena™, or polidocanol injectable foam, a remedy where foam is injected into the bloodstream to the symptoms of superficial venous reflux disease as well as improving the appearance of varicose veins.
If you’d like to address a cosmetic issue:
We offer cosmetic treatments for spider veins as well, which is completely noninvasive. Our services are conducted with state-of-the-art Aerolase® LightPod Neo®/NeoClear® laser technology, which provides safe and effective treatment for a vast variety of skin types. Noninvasive with little to no discomfort during or after a session, Aerolase® technology can also provide positive long-term results. For more details on how Aerolase® works and before-and-after testimony, click on the image below.
Whether varicose veins are a serious health concern for you, or you would simply like to address cosmetic concerns, please be sure to contact the Total Health team for more information.
*Total Health offers Vein Treatments in Florham Park and Berkeley Heights.SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION