Occupational therapy (OT) services focus on the patient's goals and typically include:
- Evaluation of an individual to determine the patient's goals
- Treatment plan: creating a customized intervention to improve the individual's ability to participate in the everyday activities of life
- Re-evaluation: to ensure the individual as achieved their goals and to adapt the treatment plan to continue on the upward path of achieving goal
OT services may also evaluate the individual's home and other environments (e.g., workplace, school). The OT may also recommend adaptive equipment (i.e. shower chair, splinting to the upper extremities) and train the individual in its use. The OT will also provide guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
The occupational therapist collaborates with the other disciplines (i.e. physical therapist, chiropractor, medical doctors, etc) within the practice to create a treatment plan to increase the patient's independence and strength through a holistic approach.
Why should I see an occupational therapist?
Occupational therapy can help an individual restore and regain independence with an endless list of things but just to name a few:
- Improving range of motion and strength safety
- Decrease pain and improve function
- Improve balance and endurance
- Assist with adaptive equipment and adaptive strategies
- Improve visual skills
- Improve safety
- Fine motor skills (hands and fingers)
- Cognitive skills
- Sensory processing
But I am independent with everything?
An OT can enhance your abilities and independence with tasks you perform in your everyday life. OT's continue to help people of all ages live better lives. Come in for an appointment today and we can help get you on the path to a stronger you doing everything you love to do, such as: Picking up your child or grandchild pain free, getting back on the pickle ball court, back to work whether that is sitting at a computer or walking around building a house.
Tennis elbow? Rotator cuff injury? Neck pain? Hip pain? Golfer's elbow? Arthritic hands? Trigger finger? Carpal tunnel?
Covid recovery? Balance off?
You are in the right place!